“Look again at that dot. That’s here. That’s home. That’s us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every “superstar,” every “supreme leader,” every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there-on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.” – Carl Sagan
Look out of the window today, and send a quiet smile to this beautiful planet we live on, that lets us live instead of sending us spinning adrift in an empty abyss. The best way to say thankyou to Mother Earth? Reduce,Conserve and Recycle. Here are 5 easy DIY projects that’ll help you recycle, upcycle and do your bit!
1. Turn old shirts/clothes into a beautiful quilt!
2. Use old fabric pieces (especially the ones you love but haven’t been able to use) to line your drawers/cabinets.
3. Make a soft-book filled with different shapes and textures for your toddler.
4. Wardrobe filled with old ties? No problem… they make lovely spectacle cases!
5. Can’t get rid of your favorite (and worn to death) Tee? Upcycle it into a cool accessory!
Do share your project pictures with us! Let’s stay Green!