Last Tuesday we shared with you on how you can make some lovely fabric bangles at home – Update your style with these easy to make DIY Fabric bangles! Aisha our in-house resident DIY expert (Account Head) told us about how her aunt used to do all kinds of DIY projects with them, during the summer holiday! One time she had been stitching some new outfits for their school play. She had designed the pattern for the fabric and had it printed out and paid an arm and a leg for it. So she was pretty insistent on using all parts of the fabric for something.
Thankfully, today you can get your fabric pattern designed or upload your own, and get it printed at the Chimora Online store. It is affordable and it will be delivered right to your doorstep anywhere in India.
So one of the projects she did to use up every part of the yards of fabric she had on hand, was to make DIY fabric bracelets with plastic bottles!
It follows almost the same process as what we described in our earlier post mentioned above with a few additions and changes!
What do you need
Plastic bottle, fabric, sequins, buttons, ribbons, duct tape, scissors, cutter (a house knife will work too), glue
- Wrap the duct tape around the bottle in a round like in the picture
- Then cut across the two edges of the duct tape with a cutter or take a home knife and heat it on the gas and it will cut through the plastic like butter. But please be careful!!
- You will get a round bangle like plastic circle, which will be big for your arm size.
- Cut the circle open, and measure the circle as per your arm and cut out the excess plastic with the knife
- Join the two open ends with duct tape and wrap the entire circle inside out with the duct tape. So then there are no rough edges.
- Then just like we have described in our post – Update your style with these easy to make DIY Fabric bangles! Wrap the fabric of your choice around it.
Fancy up with stuff you like – ribbons, sequins buttons etc. and you are done!!