Well, honestly speaking not everyone is born a Picasso or Dali! So then does it mean if you like to create your own art you can’t? Well No! That is what canvases are for; you can create wall art using custom printed fabric. They are so easy to make and look so elegant and a work of art!
So the most important thing you need to create this is the FABRIC and there are a few options:
- Go to a fabric store and fall in love with a print you love
- Look at some left over fabric which is left over in-house
Now if you really are looking to create your OWN wall art, then why not design your own fabric! You can select from a million designs available online. Send it to chimoraprint.com to be printed onto a fabric. You can do it online and get just 1 metre printed if that is all you need.
Other than that you will need
- Canvases – as per the size of wall art you need (these are readily available in art & craft store).
- If you can’t get your hands on it, then just get an empty picture frame made by your local carpenter
- Tools – scissors, glue gun / Fevicol, staple guns / hammer & nail
- Accessories – chains or flowers
Now to make the wall art!
- Put the canvas on top of the fabric and cut out the fabric around the frame, leaving roughly 1.5-2 inches of material on the side.
- Fold the fabric over one side of the fame and use a staple gun or hammer nails to hold the fabric to the back of the frame
- Do this on all sides, making sure the fabric is tightly stretched in the middle. (Remember do opposite sides first)
- You can add any accessories on top of the fabric with Fevicol or with a glue gun.
Voila, it is done! That is right this fabric wall art is so easy, and the best thing? You can recycle the canvases with newer fabrics and designs as your house evolves!
Oh, and here are some pictures from Brit+Co to visually help with the directions